We are looking for a PR and Social Media Manager to join our rapidly growing PR Agency.
PR and Social Media Manager
Quick Brown Fox PR Ltd
Salary £26-£30k dependant on experience
Rye, East Sussex
35 hours per week
Permanent, full time
Candidates will need to have a full valid UK driving licence and own or have daily access to a vehicle due to the agency’s remote location.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing PR Agency located in the beautiful countryside near Rye, East Sussex.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, driven, PR and Social Media Manager to run the day-to-day agency operations in this exciting business environment as part of the management team.
Quick Brown Fox PR is a dynamic, established PR and Communications Agency providing targeted press relations, social media management, influencer marketing and content solutions to a number of innovative brands and organisations – specialising in consumer goods and services. We create engaging editorial content and get stories featured in the magazines, blogs and online portals that our client’s target customers look at every day. Our clients include consumer electrical appliances brands, audio products and health and fitness products.
Following a rebrand in 2020, we are in the middle of a huge growth phase and need candidates seeking exciting and challenging career prospects. There has never been a better time to get onboard with #TeamFox.
As PR and Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day account execution and administration, covering all aspects of the business – PR, social media, influencer marketing and content creation. Your role will include working closely with clients and being responsible for ensuring client requirements are delivered on time.
Reporting to the Associate Director, you will be line managing a small team and will be responsible for setting the team’s tasks and activities to ensure client accounts are well organised and deliverables are achieved. You will need to be an expert in all things communication – from press and media relations, to social media management and content creation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to write compelling copy across multiple channels
- Impeccable attention to detail – the role will involve regularly editing and checking the team’s work before it is presented to clients
- The ability to multitask seamlessly and work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- At least three years of agency or in-house PR experience OR
- At least three years of experience in a relevant communications role
- Two years of management experience
Based on a breath-taking private woodland estate in rural East Sussex, you will need your own transport, an impeccable sense of humour and love dogs. In return we offer a competitive package, flexible working environment and an unrivalled career opportunity for the right candidate.
The position will be office based and candidates will need to live near or be willing to commute to Rye, East Sussex. In the current circumstances, the role may start as working from home, initial interviews will be via Zoom, but second interviews and inductions will be held on site.
Media Planning and Execution
- A deep understanding of how the media and social media works, available opportunities, building relationships with journalists and influencers
- Working with business managers/brand owners and relevant senior managers to develop effective/targeted communication to generate online and print coverage
- Managing the end-to-end process of press release distribution and follow-ups
- Selling-in stories to media, journalists and influencers
- Proactively looking for opportunities for client stories and products
- Overseeing the organisation of events; ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, and training days etc. on behalf of clients
- Writing engaging and compelling press releases, case studies and content
- Overseeing the creation of social media content for clients which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages
- Auditing, analysing and reporting on social media presences and PR campaigns, including digital advertising costs and returns
- Overseeing the creation, implementation and monitoring of paid social media advertisements
Client Delivery and Strategy
- Ensuring all communication with clients is of the highest quality
- Taking ownership of client accounts and liaising directly with clients on a regular basis
- Producing activity/opportunity reports
- Delivery on client KPIs and implementing client strategies
- Identifying publicity opportunities and devising campaigns
- Overseeing press coverage is captured and delivered to clients
- Leading meetings, including preparation and presenting
- Participating and leading in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches alongside the management team
- Contributing to new business brainstorms and creative campaign ideas
Management and Administration
- Managing and overseeing the team’s day-to-day activities and tasks
- Overall responsibility for team output and performance
- Reviewing, proofing and signing off written materials across PR, social media and content
- Direct line managing the team including conducting performance reviews
- Undertaking media and administration desk research for new business pitches and current client programmes
- Overseeing administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings, image library etc.
- Overseeing tracking review sample logistics and progress, keeping accurate records
- Other admin duties as and when required
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, covering letter and salary expectations. Deadline for applications Monday 31st May 2021. Applications without covering letters will not be accepted. Candidates will need to hold a full valid UK driving licence and own or have daily access to a vehicle due to the agency’s remote location. Hours are 35 hours a week. Flexible working pattern – seven hours a day worked between 8am and 6pm with one hour unpaid lunch. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required due to events/business requirements.