- IAAPA (The Global Association for the Attractions Industry) is the largest international trade association for permanently located tourist attractions. It unifies the attractions community, connects people to learn and grow together, and strives to promote the highest professional standards for excellence and safety around the world.
- Every year IAAPA hosts flagship European trade show IAAPA Expo Europe showcasing the latest trends and innovations shaping the fast-moving attractions industry.
- In 2022 the UK, specifically ExCeL London, was chosen to host shining the spotlight firmly on the recovering tourism industry in this special Jubilee year for the UK, and putting London at the heart of Europe’s leisure industry in 2022.
- Following a tender process, Quick Brown Fox PR was selected as IAAPA’s UK PR agency.
- Our objectives included to promote IAAPA Expo Europe and the unique new products on the trade show floor to consumer media and trade media to earn positive publicity about exhibitors, the event itself, and the attractions industry, leading up to and throughout the Expo.
- To position IAAPA Expo Europe 2022 as the event of the year for the attractions and leisure industry in Europe.
- To generate positive impressions before, during, and immediately following the Expo through local, regional, and national media outlets.
- To support IAAPA’s comms team at the show, manning the press office, hosting press conferences and assisting press for interviews with IAAPA stakeholders and exhibitors.
- The partnership included working with IAAPA stakeholders across several regions globally, coordinating media output and working cohesively as part of the IAAPA team.
- We launched IAAPA to the B2B and B2C media, highlighting the importance of such a prestigious event taking place in London and the impact on tourism – a key industry for the UK.
- We worked closely with IAAPA exhibitors and members by issuing a ‘call for stories’ in which we were able to promote not only the show but IAAPA partners to generate a wealth of media coverage.
- We offered journalists exclusive stories and comments from IAAPA, its members and exhibitors, on trending topics, the latest news and developments and trade show teasers.
- Organised for relevant influencers to attend the Expo, creating brilliant content and delivering it to target audiences.
- Promoted IAAPA Expo Europe 2022 and the unique new products on the trade show floor to B2C and B2B media to earn positive publicity about exhibitors, the event itself, and the attractions industry, leading up to and throughout the Expo.
- Worked with B2B trade publications on scheduled features and interviews.
- Devised unique and interesting pitches and press releases like ‘The Top Ten Weird and Wacky Smells Created for the UK’s Theme Parks’ to generate mass media interest.
- Targeted media pitches across IAAPA key areas like technology, visitor experience and sustainability.
- Positioned IAAPA Expo Europe 2022 as the event of the year for the attractions and leisure industry in Europe.
- Worked with key advertising partners to enhance editorial opportunities for IAAPA.
- Designed the IAAPA Europe Expo press pack and assisted with other marketing materials.
- Supported IAAPA during its four-day trade show – the Quick Brown Fox team was on the ground escorting media like the BBC on the show floor, manning the press office, and helping organise and host press conferences.
- Working closely with the IAAPA team on crisis communications, reacting swiftly and proactively to news of the Queen Elizabeth II’s passing and the impact on the show.
- Generated positive impressions before, during, and immediately following the Expo through local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Secured IAAPA impactful features in huge B2C publications – The Sun, The Scottish Sun, Yahoo, and The Lancashire Telegraph.
- Featured the brand and its exhibiters in B2B. magazines like InterPark, BlooLoop, Planet Attractions, and Retail & Leisure International positioning IAAPA in front of potential exhibitors and partners.
- Gained IAAPA coverage in print titles including Attractions Management, Retail & Leisure International, InterGame, Venue Insight, InPark, and Park World.
- Raised the brand’s profile across outlets in its target audience demographic as well as introduced IAAPA to consumer media titles with mass appeal.
- Built a long-term Google search presence for IAAPA in the UK.
- Exceeded expectations for press, media and influencer registrations for the event.
- Built long-standing relationships with the IAAPA team.
- Had a lot of fun!
“Quick Brown Fox helped us raise awareness of a B2B trade show in London, IAAPA Expo Europe. They put together a strong PR plan and were very diligent with the implementation and the reporting.
“QBF was a great partner, very proactive and the best team to work with. It felt like an extension of our company and they just have such a great energy and are very fun to work with.
“I would recommend them to everyone.”
– Angi Puigferrat – Digital Marketing Specialist at IAAPA